Cruises, get togethers, swap meets, people networking etc...

List planned Club events, and anything else of possible interest, such as car shows, or swap meets

Cruises, get togethers, swap meets, people networking etc...

Postby Manifoldsrme » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:14 am

I see there is a definate interest in people getting together for cruises and other activities within the club. Please use this sticky to put the idea out, coordinate, and implement the meet wether it be a cruise, local car show etc. As the Road Marshall I will do as much as I can to promote this club. But in all honesty, I will be spending most of my free time at racing events, and car shows more than just general cruising and driving. I will try and participate as much as possible, as I am sure the other moderators on this board will as well. New England is a big area however and some members may have an easier time getting together with people closer to them for events where moderators may not be able to attend.

With that said, please start posting about get togethers, cruises, barbecues, swap meets etc here. This sticky is a better way of spreading information than tracking individual threads, if something rises to the level of an official event Jay can add it to the main calendar, just ask politely. :wink:

I will start it out by posting about the Stafford Swap meet in April. I usually try and attend this, anyone up for it this year? Brian

STAFFORD MOTOR SPEEDWAY
SUNDAY, APRIL 13, 2008
22nd ANNUAL SPRING TY-RODS AUTOMOTIVE SWAP MEET -
CALL (860)-649-3697 FOR MORE INFO
Do you work for a living or did you vote for a living?

2000 Ford Expedition
1985 LG4 5 speed Trans Am
Manifoldsrme
NECF Supporter

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: 305
Transmission: T5
Antispam: NO
Production Year: 1985

Postby John in RI » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:05 pm

I'd like to go - I Missed making it to the fall event this year. I can't make a promise this far out, but I do intend to be at the Stafford swap meet. Even if I am there as a browser and not set-up to sell !

:mrgreen:
John in RI

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
Car: Mean Green
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Production Year: 1984

Postby ac1le » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:23 pm

Im in for Stafford. I missed it last year but made Thompson. Hell, maybe I'll even be able to bring my car.
ac1le
NECF Supporter

Car: 1991 Z28 1LE
Production Year: 0

Postby tourville » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:00 pm

stafford meet is usually decent =D ill end up going as long as im available to
tourville
L69

Postby TMZirocZ350 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:02 pm

I should be able to make it Stafford.
Todd

89 IROC 5.7L TPI
TMZirocZ350
NECF Supporter

1989 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7L
Production Year: 1989

Postby ac1le » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:21 pm

I also wanted to offer up our first actual cruise for the last weekend in April. This could be our first chance in 08 to commit on trying to actually drive our 3rd gens out. Is there a car wash that we'd like to meet up at somewhere close for the Boston, RI and CT crews? I'm thinking again either Providence or Eastern CT...

On the Bristol gathering I like that idea also but my fear is it will still be a bit too cool weather wise...??
ac1le
NECF Supporter

Postby John in RI » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:49 pm

I'm in ! Late April sounds perfect for a cruise........ We could meet up & take over a car wash somewhere and then cruise out for some lunch or dinner.

As far as Bristol........ Make it more of a Meet/Show/BBQ later in the season. Maybe late May or mid June. By then membership will have grown a little, we will have had more time to promote it, and it will give us all more time to work on our rides before the clubs first "big" get together. We would need to be sure to schedule / pay for that type of event in advance to be sure to have the required space at a local park.......

Remember - Summer time is VERY busy for most people. I've got 2 kids that each play in every sport.... most of you understand how that leaves very little "free time". All the more reason to plan the clubs BIG event as far in advance as possible. Summer week ends get booked up pretty fast !

I think April is too early for that type of event - but April is perfect for dust-off and spit-shine cruise !
John in RI

Postby ac1le » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:53 pm

I 100% agree with John. I too have kids and my 2 oldest boys both play lacrosse so time gets sucked up with that and my travelling. For BIG summer events this year I'd LOVE to see us at Bristol RI for a BBQ, Summer Nationals (Worcester MA) and the Plainfield CT show in August. Those are 3 very good sized events. In between we have all driving season for cruises. In the CT area we have Marks auto every Monday night (typically 300-400 vehicles EVERY meet), Vernon CT every Friday.
ac1le
NECF Supporter

Postby John in RI » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Sounds like Jay will be busy keeping the calander up to date !

Since the Nationals and the Plainfield shows are already events with a firm date,..... The officers should get together and decide the best date for the BBQ at Bristol. Then we would have all 3 events nailed down and start working to make them successful.

Both my kids birthdays fall on the Last week in May and the first week in June. I HAVE to have a party for them this year. ( I didn't have one for them last year ) ANY other time in MAY JUNE for the BBQ would be better - for me - than that period. Right now there is no date set for thier party,......... so the quicker a date gets set on the BBQ, the sooner I can plan around it !

I'm not making the Nationals "for sure",....... My 4th of July is already booked up. :cry:

John in RI

Postby dennisbernal91z » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:13 pm

well the crusises at Riley's Roats Beef are great. I go there every Sat. Good thing about that place is that it is easy to get to using highways, and it runs almost all day. People show up around 1ish and keep leaving and filling up well into the night like 10. So if you show up early it is cool and late is fine as well.

Its got great food, and 50's music playing all day.

I want to find one Sat AT LEAST to get the club to show up. There are a couple other small groups out here that have some third genners. They are kinda stuck in a rut with club motivation, so maybe showing up will make them switch over to NECF.

Also people have gotten to know me over there a little, not many third gens show. It would be nice to show off the strong club.

I am a super DEF. for summer nats, but thats all I know for sure right now since school is ending this summer, I am going to be hit or miss as I learn what I need to do to wrap things up here.
dennisbernal91z
5.0 TPI

Postby TMZirocZ350 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:10 pm

well the crusises at Riley's Roats Beef are great

Where is this? Sounds like a good day cruise.
Todd

89 IROC 5.7L TPI
TMZirocZ350
NECF Supporter

1989 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 5.7L

Postby dennisbernal91z » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:27 am

I think Natick MA. Right off Rt 9. Real easy to get to it. Google it, many other car clubs use it as a cruise at least a couple times a year. Chevelle clubs, vette clubs, hot rods and stuff too. Great place. I will look up details soon.
dennisbernal91z
5.0 TPI

Postby 86midnightblue » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:25 pm

yeah, i've been up to rilieys a few times with dennis. its always a good time with good food and nice cars. it would be fun to get a bunch of cars to meet up and cruise together. deffinetley worth the trip for a couple meets form ct, or anyone in the boston/worcester area who has a free saturday.

dennis, there are a bunch of other cruises we should try to go to in the central mass area we should try out too on like thursday, fri day nights. here are some lists of local cruises that we could meet up at.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm? ... codclassic

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm? ... codclassic

this is a huge list of car shows known as "tj's car show list"

http://www.ncsr.4t.com/index_2.html
86midnightblue
NECF Supporter

Postby Brother Al » Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Attention Everyone:
I'm making up a bunch of club direction signs:
"NECF Camaro-Firebird '82 -'92". Most will have an adjustable direction arrow. I intend to make these out of foam posterboard, so they will be sturdy & somewhat weather resistant.
I will make these as available as possible for any NECF events.
I will set them up on my way to Colt S.P. & reclaim them on the way home.
Prius, Proof that people will buy Anything, (Baaaa Baaa)
All the Answers to our Problems can be found in the Boneyard!
God Bless America & those who serve & have served our Country!
Brother Al
Admin

1984 Pontiac Trans Am
Car: 1984 Y84 RECARO T/A, WS6, GT4
Engine: L69
Transmission: T-5

Postby Timinsk » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:42 pm

I can't wait to get my maro on the road and meet up with everyone.. I'm a noob when it comes to cars i'll admit it but im willing to learn! I'd just like to meet others with fasinations about camaros and firebirds, and just new people to meet with a casual talk.. hope i didn't scare anyone with this statement... :shock:
Timinsk
LC2 (Turbo 6)

1989 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: Camaro RS "Black"
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: 700R4

Re: Cruises, get togethers, swap meets, people networking et

Postby 84firebird305 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:50 pm

hey guys, have any specific dates/ or locations for the car meets, swap meets, cruises? I live in southwest CT. A few of my thirdgen friends would like to find some shows/ meets. thanks-matt
84firebird305
2.8 V6

1984 Pontiac Firebird
Car: Firebird S/E
Transmission: 700R4

Postby John in RI » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Things usually pick up pretty fast in the spring and there's always a Summer event that brings out a lot of guys. Now that we're thru the holidays, into the new year, and there's snow on the ground.,...... expect a push for a winter get-together soon !!

John in RI

Postby 83T/A » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:31 pm

I'll go to the Bristol, RI event. Let me know what day it's on so I can take it off of work. Thanks.

-Mike
83T/A
L69

Car: Trans Am
Engine: 305 LG4
Transmission: 700r4
Production Year: 1983

Postby dthela » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Not allowed to go to Thompson, last time I went my wife came home and said who's Camaro is that in the driveway, I said "ours". hoooweeee
dthela
Iron Duke

1987 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: 87 Z28
Engine: zz440
Transmission: t5
Production Year: 1987

Postby Brother Al » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm

:lol:
Prius, Proof that people will buy Anything, (Baaaa Baaa)
All the Answers to our Problems can be found in the Boneyard!
God Bless America & those who serve & have served our Country!
Brother Al
Admin

1984 Pontiac Trans Am
Car: 1984 Y84 RECARO T/A, WS6, GT4
Engine: L69
Transmission: T-5

Return to Events