NECF Changes

For posts relating to thirdgens or club related activities

NECF Changes

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:36 pm

First, let me assure you that NECF is here to stay. The past year or so has been a learning experience for all involved with running the organization. We started out small with big plans and big ideas. In the end I believe we took on more than was necessary. Geography is probably the biggest challenge. We were laying the ground work for what we thought would work. However, at this point, we honestly do not have the member involvement to require such a structured club. If we had all our regularly active members located in close proximity it would be one thing. However, spread out as we are it's just not needed.
So, what does this mean?
There are a few changes. The biggest being, we no longer have any title positions. This means AC is no longer President. I am no long Vice President and Manifoldsrme is no longer Road Marshall.
So what about Club Members? This ties in with the next big question, What about dues?
Anyone who paid dues last year and is not happy about the current changes please PM me and we can issue you a refund. Otherwise, any contributing members will be identified as NECF Supporters from here on. There will no longer be dues collected. We plan to offer stickers, and t-shirts and looking into offering calendars. These items will be available depending on your donation level. We are working out a pricing structure now. All costs will be reasonable, and money collected will go to help offset the cost of running the site. Anyone who makes a donation will be listed as an NECF Supporter. Being a supporter will allow access to the current Club Members forum. Things like t-shirt re designs, calendar submissions etc will be discussed here and voted on. While we want everyone to have a voice, those who help out with donations will get a little bit more of a say in things. Donations are not a requirement to participate. We will not be begging or reminding anyone. There will be a simple Paypal option available to make a donation and recive your items.

So what does this all mean to you?
Now everyone is an equal member, and the responsibility to further the organization lies with everyone. If you know of an event that you would like to get a group together for, let us know. If you have an idea for a large meet like Colt State Park last year, feel free to throw your ideas out there and we will help to organize. I will be posting something in the events forum on ideas for organizing. So if you have enjoyed being a part of this so far, please stick around.

So this is where we are at right now. It may seem like a lot of change, but honestly, I think things will not be much different than the 2008 season. The reasoning behind these few changes are to better promote what the core idea of our organization is about. We plan to have fun, hopefully meet new people, make new friends, share Ideas, and lend a hand when needed.
1991 Z28 - project rebirth
1988 IROC - Dustus Collectus
Jay
Admin

1988 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 350
Transmission: T56
Antispam: NO
Production Year: 1988

Re: NECF Changes

Postby camaro1185 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Sounds good! I will gladly donate, the help this community has given me has been amazing, I'd like to give back. Also, would love a sticker and shirt to represent!
1988 Iroc-z - 350TPI/T56/Exhaust/Gears/Big Brakes/Suspension
2014 Subaru WRX Limited
camaro1185
NECF Supporter

1988 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: 1988 Camaro Iroc-Z (G92)
Engine: 350 TPI

Postby 86CamaroDan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:56 pm

camaro1185 wrote:would love a sticker and shirt to represent!

THIS!!!!!!

Ive paid my dues twice so far, Ill chip in again if need be. $$$ for the site shouldnt be your burden only!
GM 350 HO Short block, Blue Print 195's, Comp 985 springs, NX276HR-13, Comp 1.52 RR's, Vortech V3 Blower, HSR, Kirban FPR, 60# injectors, Megasquirt 2, Walbro 255, Ceramic Headman LT's, Flowmaster 3" w/ 20 series, 2 core Becool Raditator, HD Cooling Fans, Built T56, Stage 2 clutch, B&M Short Throw, LS1 Front brakes, Disc brake 9 bolt w/ 3.42's, Spohn SFC's, LS1 Brakes, KYB AGX Shocks and Struts, F&R Spohn Swaybars
86CamaroDan
NECF Supporter

Postby GPSkinzhut » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 pm

This was a 2009 post, but something that should be revisited? I'm more than happy to chip in. I'd be even happier to see the group grow in membership and activity! :mrgreen:
GPSkinzhut
NECF Supporter

1987 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: 1987 IROC-Z T's / 305TPI / G92
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: T5
Production Year: 1987

Postby camaro1185 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 am

GPSkinzhut wrote:This was a 2009 post, but something that should be revisited? I'm more than happy to chip in. I'd be even happier to see the group grow in membership and activity! :mrgreen:

Good call, I didn't even see the date.
2014 Subaru WRX Limited
camaro1185
NECF Supporter

1988 Chevrolet Camaro

Postby John in RI » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:50 am

I'd be even happier to see the group grow in membership and activity!

+ 1

This group has been in decline ever since these changes were made and the club was disbanded. When we were a actual club our first meet rounded up 20-25 cars.... this season there was about 6 that showed up for the cookout.

:mrgreen:
John in RI

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
Car: Mean Green
Engine: LT1
Production Year: 1984

Postby vipershark11 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:24 pm

John in RI wrote:+ 1

This group has been in decline ever since these changes were made and the club was disbanded. When we were a actual club our first meet rounded up 20-25 cars.... this season there was about 6 that showed up for the cookout.

Wow that many showed up?!
vipershark11
NECF Supporter

Postby Jay » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:43 pm

If someone or a group of people would like to take up the reigns and try to better organize us into a more club like group, the option is there.
I personally don't have the free time to take on a leadership role. I admit that I tend to let things slip with the website aspect, but I try to keep things up as best I can.
Jay
Admin

1988 Chevrolet Camaro

Postby 86CamaroDan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:04 am

GPSkinzhut wrote:This was a 2009 post

*whistles*

I totally realized that when i wrote my post :roll:
GM 350 HO Short block, Blue Print 195's, Comp 985 springs, NX276HR-13, Comp 1.52 RR's, Vortech V3 Blower, HSR, Kirban FPR, 60# injectors, Megasquirt 2, Walbro 255, Ceramic Headman LT's, Flowmaster 3" w/ 20 series, 2 core Becool Raditator, HD Cooling Fans, Built T56, Stage 2 clutch, B&M Short Throw, LS1 Front brakes, Disc brake 9 bolt w/ 3.42's, Spohn SFC's, LS1 Brakes, KYB AGX Shocks and Struts, F&R Spohn Swaybars
86CamaroDan
NECF Supporter

Postby Brother Al » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:14 am

OK, the motion is on the floor & has been seconded:

Discussion:
Prius, Proof that people will buy Anything, (Baaaa Baaa)
All the Answers to our Problems can be found in the Boneyard!
God Bless America & those who serve & have served our Country!
Brother Al
Admin

1984 Pontiac Trans Am
Car: 1984 Y84 RECARO T/A, WS6, GT4
Engine: L69
Transmission: T-5

Postby John in RI » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Subscribing --------->

John in RI

Postby wolfdart42 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1
1986 camaro- almost there. but fighting me every step of the way.

loose is fast and on the edge of out of control!!!!

You can't fix STUPID, stupid is a condition.
wolfdart42
NECF Supporter

Car: 86 camaro frankenstien
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
Production Year: 1986

Postby GPSkinzhut » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 pm

- Who are we?
- Club structure
- Merch!
- Attendance!!
- Attracting new members
- figuring out why we don't retain new members

I've never been in or run a club so I really don't have a frame of reference.

First and foremost, I think we need to decide what we are. There's not a lot of point in debating and opening a discussion if we're just content being just a website. If we want to be a legit club, we're going to need to have some kind of structure and we'll have to live with the fact that we'll never generate the interest we want to. If we do decide to put in some structure, I think we need the right people in place who's priorities are going to be growing the club, maintaining a suitable image, and helping us drive forward. Also, what do we have to offer? Common interest? Member benefits? etc.

Once we know who we are and what we have to offer, I would love to see a more unified presence at shows, even if it's just regionally. I realize we're rather dispersed and we have a number of cars that aren't road-ready, but I don't see us generating a lot of interest without having the visibility that comes with showing as a group.

Merchandise! Flyers, some cards both would be good to have with a unified presence and to post in parts shops and whatnot. The site also needs a front page and a face lift; posting events on the front page, etc. Public notices, etc. T-shirts, hats, calendars, stickers for sale or as part of full membership.

For members that don't seem to hang around, I really would be curious to know why and possibly work towards making changes to keep their interest.

I think once we have a footprint, we can get into affiliation, public activities, perhaps parades? etc etc etc.

anyway, just some thoughts. Feel free to pick em apart and call me a dumbass or point and laugh, I have no problem with constructive criticism. :smokin:
GPSkinzhut
NECF Supporter

1987 Chevrolet Camaro

Postby vipershark11 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:30 am

GPSkinzhut wrote:- Who are we?
- Club structure
- Merch!
- Attendance!!
- Attracting new members
- figuring out why we don't retain new members

I've never been in or run a club so I really don't have a frame of reference.

First and foremost, I think we need to decide what we are. There's not a lot of point in debating and opening a discussion if we're just content being just a website. If we want to be a legit club, we're going to need to have some kind of structure and we'll have to live with the fact that we'll never generate the interest we want to. If we do decide to put in some structure, I think we need the right people in place who's priorities are going to be growing the club, maintaining a suitable image, and helping us drive forward. Also, what do we have to offer? Common interest? Member benefits? etc.

Once we know who we are and what we have to offer, I would love to see a more unified presence at shows, even if it's just regionally. I realize we're rather dispersed and we have a number of cars that aren't road-ready, but I don't see us generating a lot of interest without having the visibility that comes with showing as a group.

Merchandise! Flyers, some cards both would be good to have with a unified presence and to post in parts shops and whatnot. The site also needs a front page and a face lift; posting events on the front page, etc. Public notices, etc. T-shirts, hats, calendars, stickers for sale or as part of full membership.

For members that don't seem to hang around, I really would be curious to know why and possibly work towards making changes to keep their interest.

I think once we have a footprint, we can get into affiliation, public activities, perhaps parades? etc etc etc.

anyway, just some thoughts. Feel free to pick em apart and call me a dumbass or point and laugh, I have no problem with constructive criticism. :smokin:

Dumbass. Next.... J/k that makes 100% sense. Our problem is we only have what MAYBE 10 members that actually want to be a club and the rest are come and gos. We dont have enough members that are willing to go to shows together to make a strong enough presence. I remember some Firebird club tried to recruit me a longg time ago and when the guy said there was an entrance fee or maybe an annual membership fee I was like get fuuuu'ed. I dont mind donating to Jay for keeping us running only because he does it out of charity and does not force anything like other clubs. Dont get me wrong I love all you guys on here, youre a great group of people that are nice to hang out/chat with.
vipershark11
NECF Supporter

Postby Jay » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:00 am

GPSkinzhut wrote:
The site also needs a front page and a face lift; posting events on the front page,

nec-f.org and necamaro-firebird.org point to the front page.. although it's rather simplified at this point. Web design is a "skill" that I have taught myself so I am admittedly limited in my talents for it. If someone else wants to step up and help with design and site maintenance, just let me know and we can figure something out.
Jay
Admin

1988 Chevrolet Camaro

Postby GPSkinzhut » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:28 am

Same here brotha, though I haven't touched anything for web development for a lonnnng time. :eew:

If you need a hand with anything im more than happy to try and help.
GPSkinzhut
NECF Supporter

1987 Chevrolet Camaro

Postby Brother Al » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:28 pm

There was a lot of energy behind the lets organize movement early on, and that's also what got NECF going on TGO in the beginning.

When we had the initial Texas Roadhouse organizational meeting in RI, we had almost 40 people that showed. I still have the early versions of NECF Bylaws, the notes, and people's suggestions that I took at that meeting along with all of the other info I gathered, plus we still have the various threads on here and on TGO.

As many of you know, I belong to multiple, well-run organizations and although I find that I'm overstretched sometimes, I have gotten much more out of them than I would have realized before getting involved. Personally, I am still interested in the idea. I think the people who are not sure of the notion may find that it really isnt such a big deal and that they too will find that they got much more out of it than they thought possible. Will it make you rich and famous? No, but you like many of us here have already found, you will get good friends, learn new things, and find help when you really need it. There are also people who are not into the "Joining" thing, however anyone that "belongs" to a good organization sticks around and pitches in when they can... that is what we see at the NECF Cookout and other events. Perhaps we don't pay into a fund at the moment, but we all do contribute something. Ask Wolf, look around, most of us can say that we have both given to and recieved a lot from NECF's very existence. That in itself is half the battle. Anyone that was on the cruise to the Thompson Speedway car show knows how fkn awesome it was... THAT is also a big part of it. We need to maintain the Fun Factor, because if its all work and no play, no one will enjoy it... it also has to be kept wide open and taken in steps of progression, so things are not left to the 4 winds and people don't get burned in the process.
Brother Al
Admin

1984 Pontiac Trans Am

Postby Brother Al » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Bump
Brother Al
Admin

1984 Pontiac Trans Am

Postby Jon20683 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:07 am

i know im the least to be talking here since its been well over a year since i sold my bird and in the jeep world but my opinion and dont take this the wrong way but this site doesnt have much glamour to it like at all....... i would think about sprucing up the designs get a nice logo going that loks good and is flashy , i mean these days 80% of selling a product is advertising try telling others about this site on other forums or something , i agree 100% that making meet nights would be a good idea to start even just showing up at small carshows makes a difference when people show ip to a carshow and see a group of camaros or firebirds with the same logo infront of them it gets them intrested gets there attention they wanna no more about whats going on its just human nature

like i said dont take this to heart im just throwing my 2 cents in i only go on here every now and then so sorry for that
96 Limited 5.2

- Hooker Aerochamber 3" - MAGNAFLOW(Carsound) Cat 3" - 5.9 Tailpipe - ACCEL Super Coil - Summit Racing® VOLT Cap/Rotor/Wires - 3923 Autolites .045 - CUSTOM CAI Intake - 50 MM Bored Throttle Body - 24lb Ford Injectors - 5.9 E- Fan Wired to Flexlite Variable Speed Controller - 160 Amp Police Alternator Upgrade - 5.9 Goodies - Clear Corners - Deambered Tails - Clear Euro 100w Foglights - Blue L.E.D cluster - 35% Front Windows - 255/65/16s Mastercraft Cousers HTRS
Jon20683
L69

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Car: 96 Grand Cherokee Limited
Engine: 5.2 V8 318
Production Year: 1992

Postby tom86iroc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 am

:club: i say we kick his ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: jon any input good or bad is fine :mrgreen:
tom86iroc
NECF Supporter

1986 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: 86 iroc
Engine: alum head 350
Transmission: 6 speed
Production Year: 1986

Postby Brother Al » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Agreed Tom!

Thank You Jon, this is what we're looking to hear. We want everyone's honest opinions.
Brother Al
Admin

1984 Pontiac Trans Am

Postby Manifoldsrme » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Fuk. Twice I typed out long drawn out responses and both times my computer freaked out and erased them. So all I am going to say is the website is for help, chatting, figuring out what is wrong with your car etc. There are some VERY knowledgable people on here. But nothing we can do on this website will get people to come to our events. No new graphics, no colors etc. Individual people have to take some initiative and WANT to be involved. I lurk on many other sites. I am sure 90% of the people here do the same thing. No big deal.

If you want to get involved, please show up and get to know the members here IN PERSON. That will lead to friendships and activities. But I am not going to listen to "suggestions" or "ideas" from people who never show up for any of our events and probably never will. This is a cyberspace board for posting the days events or questions regarding our cars. The real world is for our cars and members to create frienships and hang out together. Don't confuse the two.

I also firmly believe that most lurkers here have their cars in various stages of disassembly or restoration and do not want to attend a Camaro Firebird event without a Camaro or Firebird. If this board helps them to eventually have a clean, running car then it has served it's purpose.
Do you work for a living or did you vote for a living?

2000 Ford Expedition
1985 LG4 5 speed Trans Am
Manifoldsrme
NECF Supporter

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: 305
Production Year: 1985

Postby Jon20683 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 am

well im down for meeting up at car shows i mightnot hae a bird or camaro but i still love to learn about them and wrench on vehicles and learn new things specially if it means getting help tearing aprt my jeep if need be not saying i need help but a garage and tools and help is awlays nice
96 Limited 5.2

- Hooker Aerochamber 3" - MAGNAFLOW(Carsound) Cat 3" - 5.9 Tailpipe - ACCEL Super Coil - Summit Racing® VOLT Cap/Rotor/Wires - 3923 Autolites .045 - CUSTOM CAI Intake - 50 MM Bored Throttle Body - 24lb Ford Injectors - 5.9 E- Fan Wired to Flexlite Variable Speed Controller - 160 Amp Police Alternator Upgrade - 5.9 Goodies - Clear Corners - Deambered Tails - Clear Euro 100w Foglights - Blue L.E.D cluster - 35% Front Windows - 255/65/16s Mastercraft Cousers HTRS
Jon20683
L69

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Car: 96 Grand Cherokee Limited
Engine: 5.2 V8 318
Production Year: 1992

Postby irocnroll » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Jay wrote:If someone or a group of people would like to take up the reigns and try to better organize us into a more club like group, the option is there.
I personally don't have the free time to take on a leadership role. I admit that I tend to let things slip with the website aspect, but I try to keep things up as best I can.

If its a functional site you need help building, I can assist you with that.
irocnroll
L69

Car: RS Convertible Camaro
Engine: V8
Transmission: M5
Production Year: 1991

Postby drewbanks91 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:50 pm

I would def. be down to go to car shows/events if they wernt always so far away. I go to car shows every week with or without the camaro, I just cant see driving 2 hours to go to a car show for an hour or two. And I would def. have gone to the cook out if it was on any other day of the year, fathers day is just no good, my whole family gets together. Anyway it would be cool to be more like a club but i dont see that happening since we range from ct to maine
drewbanks91
5.0 TPI

1991 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: 1991 RS T-Top, 1991 RS HardTop
Engine: 355 4Bolt
Transmission: BW T5
Production Year: 1990

Postby John in RI » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Ya' ,.... Fathers Day for the Summer meet has been a bad date for a few other members too. Might be a good idea to slate that event for a date rather than Fathers day next summer to help boost attendance.

John in RI

Postby camaro1185 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:07 pm

John in RI wrote:Ya' ,.... Fathers Day for the Summer meet has been a bad date for a few other members too. Might be a good idea to slate that event for a date rather than Fathers day next summer to help boost attendance.

Totally agree :yeah:
2014 Subaru WRX Limited
camaro1185
NECF Supporter

1988 Chevrolet Camaro

Postby drewbanks91 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 am

Def. that would be awesome, is there any plans for a fall meet? One more time be4 the snow fly's?
drewbanks91
5.0 TPI

1991 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: 1991 RS T-Top, 1991 RS HardTop
Engine: 355 4Bolt
Transmission: BW T5
Production Year: 1990

Postby Brother Al » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 am

Yup, been thinking Octoberish. We have been doing a season closer on Columbus Day Weekend... perhaps we could do a Foliage Cruise this Time? But we can discuss that in a new thread.

Jay, You can count me in too for helping on the site, pm sent.

ALL:
We need some thoughts posted about what/where we want to go... There are a few of us with ideas, but we'd like to hear what everyone else is thinking about, as far as what you want or would like to see. We can all say "more car shows", but we all can't be everywhere, all the time... nor can we regularly ask/expect people to drive 100+ miles to make events every month. With the economy in the toilet and $$$ hard to come by... supporting a few BIG events a year with as many NECF people as we can muster is good IMHO... asking more of people simply isnt fair to anyone... if people can make events, COOL! if not, so be it. We all have jobs, families, personal lives, and other commitments. For me, I would love to make more events, but I have a lot of things I'm involved with... that said, NECF is one of the closest to my heart.

My opinion on this: I WANT NECF to grow in an organized and healthy way. I would like to see us take another run at organizing NECF into a club, but not on a rigid format that some clubs have... the ones where all we do is canibalize our own members $$ and only take on new ones to raise our income... I'd rather have a few happy people that get along, than a 100 who are angry and at each other's throats. I think a "Regional Chapter Format" would go a long way to get NECF onto that course, with NECF itself as the Senior Chartering Foundation. It doesn't need to be complicated folks... outside of the intitial build up anyway.

That said, We really have a good thing here... that is something I absolutely want to preserve above all else.
Brother Al
Admin

1984 Pontiac Trans Am

Postby RaGiN Z » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Manifoldsrme wrote:Fuk. Twice I typed out long drawn out responses and both times my computer freaked out and erased them. .

thats ok, cause we don't read them anyway
z28 rips make equal length posi strips

- yet another co-owner of the not so infamous Blackhawk
RaGiN Z
LC2 (Turbo 6)

1983 Chevrolet Camaro
Car: z28
Engine: blown 383
Transmission: tko600
Production Year: 1983

Return to General